Ortho Neuro Rehab
Holistic approach combining
- Ayurveda, Yoga
- Speech therapy, Occupational therapy
- Chiropractic, Physiotherapy
- Ortho and Neuro Rehabilitation
The combination of Ayurvedic treatments and physiotherapy brings about faster healing process and recovery from injuries and disabilities such as back pain, neck pain, knee pain, rehabilitation of patients suffering from Parkinson’s, stroke paralysis, cerebral palsy etc.
The physical medicine and rehabilitation aims to enhance and restore functional abilities and quality of life to those with physical impairment or disabilities, affecting the brain, spinal cord, nerves, bones, joints, ligaments, muscles and tendons. The goal is to maximize the patient’s independence in activities of daily living and improve quality of life.
- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstructions :- following knee surgery to restore its functions.
- Straight Leg Raise :- exercise to recover quadriceps strength.
- . Knee slide with belts :- To regain knee motion and helps to circulate the swelling away from the joint.
- Femo-acetabular impingement :- Hip stabilization and muscle control.
- Rotator Cuff Repair :- Ensures mobility of shoulder joint and decreases the resting pain.
- Cat/ Cow back shoulder :- Decreases stiffness of the back
- Clam shell Exercise :- To regain function of Gluteus medius muscle.
- Low Back Press Up :- Restores range of motion of lumbar spine and relieves pain.
- Traction :- Gentle or moderate force that is applied to help regain the normal length and alignment of the involved bone. It helps to lessen or eliminate muscle spam and relieve pressure on nerves.
- Manual Therapy :- Pressure on soft tissue can help relax muscles, increase circulation and ease pain in the soft tissue.
Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapy
The physiotherapist administers a ‘hands-on’ treatment to decrease the pain or improve the movement of the affected body part & to improve the mobility and movement of body joints. Combines- massage, manual stretching, muscle energy technique, thrust manipulations etc.
- Joint mobilization and manipulations
- Soft tissue mobilizations
- Myofascial release
- Proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation (Pnf) and other exercises include stretching, balance and strength training.
POSTURE & GAIT MANAGEMENT
Posture management includes posture assessment, early injury treatment, core exercises, active foot posture correction exercises, proprioception and balance exercises, ergonomics and real time ultrasound physiotherapy. Gait management includes Initial assessment of gait pattern, proper plan to address the problem and teaching patient how to walk on different surface with or without any passive support
- Neurological conditions such as stroke, spinal cord injuries, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, motor neuron diseases , vestibular dysfunctions and traumatic brain injuries.
- Paediatric conditions such as developmental delays, cerebral palsy , spinal muscular atrophy and muscular dystrophy.
- Musculoskeletal conditions such as low back pain , rotator cuff tear, periarthritis shoulder, tennis elbow, plantar fasciitis, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Sports related injuries and sports strains
- Women health and pelvic floor dysfunction