Acne is a skin condition in which there is excess production of oil from the sebaceous glands leading to the blockage of hair follicles. Acne usually affects the face, back and shoulders and other areas that are densely populated with sebaceous glands. Acne presents either as blackheads, whiteheads, pimples or nodules.
The primary cause of acne is impairment of all the three doshas, predominantly the pitta dosha, which further vitiates the rakta and meda dhatus. Vitiated doshas produce toxins that block the channels leading to pimple formation.
- Ayurvedic treatment includes right diet, lifestyle and some specialized herbal combinations that tackle the disease from its root cause.
- Pitha-kapha pacifying therapy
- Kshalanam, Lepanam,
- Udwarthanam, Bashpa swedam
Duration of Stay
Atleast 2 weeks
An effective treatment is available for acne, but in certain condition it can be persistent.
Diet & Lifestyle advises
- Avoid spicy, oily and sour foods.
- Eat fresh, unprocessed food.
- Increase the use of herbs that have cooling effects on the body like fennel, coriander seeds, Indian gooseberry and aloe vera.
- Increase intake of water to about 8-10 glasses per day.
- Wash your face frequently with mild herbal soaps.
- Avoid irritant cosmetics.
- Do not squeeze the acne lesions.
Simple Home Remedies
- Have 1 teaspoon of powdered Indian gooseberry fruit in morning and evening with water.